Tuesday, December 9, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...I think

I'm back!!! Sorry it's been so long. I've been saturating myself with Christmas music and counting my blessings so here is a combo of things that I am choosing to be thankful for:

These are a few of my favorite things!
Piano recitals...bcuz they mean we have music in our home
Feeding demanding pets...bcuz it means they are healthy & we have their love
Not having time to bake this week...bcuz it means I bought & am eating Oreos
Having an almost too full work schedule...bcuz it means I have people who need me
Spending the weekend running kids to and fro...bcuz it means they have many friends & fun opportunities
Getting hammered by God about my idols and selfishness...bcuz it means He hasn't given up on a wretch like me
Having to make choices re: social & family engagements...bcuz it means we have wonderful people in our lives
Having to stretch a Christmas budget...bcuz it means that we have money to spend on others at all
Having only 24 hours in a day...bcuz if I had more I would be sure to fill them!
Feeling bad about being lazy and not walking the dog...bcuz it means I have a healthy body that could walk if I wanted to
Gaining 7 pounds this year...cuz it caused me to get my cholesterol & my thyroid checked and they are OK
Children who occasionally bicker...cuz it means they spend enough time together to take each other for granted
Wednesday nights...bcuz it means coffee with my girlfriends!

And one I am truly grateful for: the opportunity to spend 2 nights at the Enzian Inn in Leavenworth this past weekend. It was our Christmas present this year instead of gifts and it was amazing. I will have my honey help me post some pictures on my next post.




2 comments:

Lori said...

My wonderful friends-cuz I know that I am loved.
Thanks, friend.

Lori
;0)

Carol said...

What a great list! I really enjoyed seeing you on Wednesday. =) Oh, and I found my purse, (well Eden and Eva found my purse) right where I left it in the GA room!!! Sometimes I hate my scatter brain ways! ;)