Hi Girls,
It's New Years Eve! I like new beginnings. I'm sure you won't be surprised but I already have January [OK, I'll admit it...February too] filled out in my new Franklin planner & my electronic planner. (I never feel secure until my life is logged ahead of time electronically & on good old fashioned paper.) I even have my daily Bible reading plan logged into my computer so that I can check it off each day...good grief. But, I am writing to tell you that there is hope for me yet!
I have been looking at my scheduled life and kind of dreading the routine. Normally having all my ducks in a row fills me with peace, a sense of accomplishment (pride?) and a false sense of security. This year I am so anxious for God to show me His glory. I am back to that bold, forward, audacious Moses...and the relationship he had with God. I don't think my planner holds that for me. Moses had a REAL LIVE RELATIONSHIP with his creator. Moses didn't have a Franklin planner or an electronic check list for his time with God. He was the leader of over 1 million people and all the making of a nation and yet he managed to have his priorities right.
I am the Mom of a household, the facilitator of a home school, the keeper of several other's homes, the coordinator of VBS, the helper of GA's, the trainer @ BSF yada, yada, yada. But my Jesus is going to be the same awesome, miraculous Savior He was in 2008 and I don't want to miss a second with Him. Am I getting in my own way?
In Exodus ch. 34 God tells us a lot about Himself, He is Jealous. Wow, my Creator wants all of me. And, He won't stand for the idols I place in front of Him. Not a new concept as I have dealt with a lot of revealed idols (Yes, Amber I am talking about you) in the past. I have just never seen my reliance upon MY self & organization etc. as an idol.
So, as I begin a new year with the same Jesus I am praying that I will not be the same Leslie. Watch out girls I may become a radical woman of God and become a bit spontaneous! Oh no, ...my heart rate just went up and I am in a cold sweat. God has a big work to do here!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Prayer for the President of the United States
5 years ago
5 comments:
Great post Leslie! I too am looking forward to what the Lord has to teach me in 2009!
May 2009 be a year of tremendous growth and, as a result, blessing on each of our lives...I don't know if I'd use the word radical, but I think you're already a wonderful woman of God!
Love ya!
Well, you are radically saved! I am looking forward to 2009 with you Leslie and I am excited to see God at work among us. Hey if you ever need a little spontinaity in your life give me a call, and when I need to bring my head out of the clouds (which happens often) I will call you... ;)
you're so funny.....and radical!!!!
i'm right there with ya, my friend.
;0)
great post & reminder that we want to want/need to change from year to year. to allow God to do this in us & not get caught up in the day to day stuff.
happy 2009 to you!
Post a Comment