I am blogging under at least 6 inches of snow and it's still coming down. Even my kids, who love the white stuff and pray for it to fall, are now ready for it to stop snowing...I think they are tired of shoveling. As I was out shoveling and sweeping this evening I was enchanted with the difference in size, shape, color etc. of the individual flakes. Being a bit of a crow, I love anything sparkly, and tonight's snow looked like glitter. In my reading re: the life of Moses he asked God to see His glory. Can you believe it...the audacity of mere mortal man asking to see God? I think this mere mortal needs to be more bold and ask God to reveal Himself to me more. Snow ~ cold, wet, messy, dangerous, inconvenient, fun, entertaining, beautiful, breathtaking....IS GOD SHOWING US HIS GLORY. Only He could make each individual flake (I am talking about the snow not us...tee, hee, hee :]) different and cover the earth and make it look pure. I say look pure because we know that underneath is still oil on the drive way, doggie do in the grass, dirt etc. Only God can bring purity to the other flakes (us) too.
LORD, cleanse me and make me white as snow. Not just to look pure and white on the outside but an inner cleansing through repentance and brokenness. Otherwise, why did your Son come to take on human flesh and die for me? Emmanuel, God be with us....we so need you.
Prayer for the President of the United States
5 years ago
2 comments:
Great minds think alike, or in our case...the minds of crows ;o)
thank you, Leslie, for the beautiful reminder.....
I am looking forward to this new year and to all the things the Lord will show me.
;0)
Post a Comment