I am watching TV and 2 things have struck me. 1. The Santa who killed 9 people who knew his ex wife and 2. a line from the movie THE FAMILY MAN where Jack says "we can finally have a life that people envy and his wife Kate says, "we already do". He was talking about a fancy house, money, a prestigious job etc. and she was talking about their kids and the love of a family.
I am grateful for my family and for a simple & quiet Christmas.
I am grateful for the frozen trees and bushes that are sparkly and white and gorgeous.
I am grateful for seeing so many friends and family members today while out shopping.
I am grateful for a beautiful Christmas eve service at church.
I am grateful that my family watched the Nativity Movie with me last night and didn't laugh at me for sobbing at all the same parts I do EVERY time I watch it.
I am grateful for my mother in law teaching me to cross country ski on the canal bank yesterday.
I am grateful none of us got hurt while sledding Carmichal hill yesterday...except my stomach hurt from laughing.
I am grateful for Jesus and the opportunity to celebrate His birth in so many special ways this year.
I am grateful for my warm & soft bed and the man & dog beside me...I think I will go to sleep and dream of more things to be thankful for. Ever wake up with a song of praise on your lips? I have and I hope I do tomorrow. Good night good friends;0)
Prayer for the President of the United States
5 years ago
3 comments:
Leslie, this post just made me smile! Thanks for passing on this contagious spirit of thankfulness.
You are always looking for the "whatever" things like the Bible tells us to...thanks as that encourages me to do the same.
and I am thankful for friends like YOU Leslie!
Post a Comment