A little Christmas time questionnaire...Thanks Jill ~ I'm going to play too.
Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I am a Hot Chocolate girl too, ever try it with red hots in it?
Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa's helper (AKA - me!) loves loves loves to wrap gifts! I just spent all day Saturday wrapping for my mom...probably not the best use of my time but I had fun.
When do you put your decorations up? They go up the day after Thanksgiving and down New Years day...YES, I truly am that anal retentive.
What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I am making Spiral Ham this year and cannot wait!!! (Sorry to offend your Jewishness, Jill.)
When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I am getting old, I don't remember.
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sometimes.
How do you decorate your Christmas tree? When the kids were younger we had a teddy bear tree. Now we have Tommy's Nutcracker collection on and around the tree with red & white lights. The kids also choose their favorite ornaments from the 10,000 "special" ones in the box.
Snow. Love it or dread it? Call me crazy, I love it.
Can you ice skate? No, and I don't like to be cold except when sledding which I love!
What is your favorite holiday dessert? Honestly I spend so much time baking holiday desserts that I don't really want to eat them...which ends up being good for my waistline. I do have an addiction to really good sugar cookies however.
Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Good question and my very spiritual friends said they enjoy giving. I do too, especially the planning part. But, I really like getting gifts too...now you know how shallow I am (or is that no secret?)
What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night BTW, the new Barlow Girl Christmas CD is FABULOUS!!!
Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Yum! But only the actual mint ones not all the other crazy flavors the world has decided to make them
Do you attend an annual Christmas party? No. But I too am looking forward to Jills. ;0)
Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? If we are going somewhere I like any excuse to dress up and wear pretty shoes (I know, shocking!) But Christmas day is ALL COMFY ALL DAY.
Do you own a Santa hat. Yes, we went to Disneyland in December a few years ago and I got a Minnie Mouse Christmas hat. Let me tell you, I am a vision.
Who do you normally spend Christmas with? We stay home Christmas day but spend a lot of time with various family members before and after. Someone always ends up at our house on Christmas day for games & leftovers etc.
How fun was this! Merry Christmas everyone!
Prayer for the President of the United States
5 years ago
2 comments:
I always love checking out what cute shoes you are wearing! I have like 5 pairs of shoes total, so I am really mesmerized by how many different and fun shoes you have! =)
I HATE all the funky flavored candy canes too!
We usually put ours up on the day after Thanksgiving too. But this year the kids wanted to do it on Thanksgiving. That was a first. I to like to have it up by new years.
Post a Comment