Ok, here it is Monday and I am still uninspired! So, I am going to post some questions for you to answer so that I can stimulate my brain and get to know my blogger sisters better. My answers will be in green.
1. Which fruit of the Spirit do you find the most difficult to achieve (even though we have them all available to us)? Self control
2. Share a scripture which is important to you because it got you through something, helped make a decision, etc. Mine are obscure: 1 Timothy 2:15 when I got serious with Jesus and made Him Lord of my life because we were wanting to begin a family. "But women will be saved through child bearing - IF - they continue in faith, love and HOLINESS with PROPRIETY" (emphasis mine) and Psalm 4:5 when I felt called to BSF Leadership and couldn't see a way to meet the commitment. "Offer right sacrifices and trust in the LORD."
3. Have you ever wished for a different name? If so, what? nope
4. What household chore do you like the least? I only ask this because instead of mopping the kitchen floor like I should be I am blogging;)
5. Which of your personality traits showed up in one of your kids and occasionally makes you crazy? When Kayla's mouth wont stop going
6. If you could meet one "bad girl" of the Bible who would it be and why? The woman caught in sin and brought before Jesus. I would like to know what her life looked like after and how she felt. Unless she really was Mary Magdellen and of course we know that she is the mother of Jesus' child...JUST KIDDING! I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE THE GARBAGE SOME PEOPLE THINK UP.
7. What is your favorite form of exercise? I don't enjoy any forms of exercise except bending my elbow to put chocolate or potato chips into my mouth...but I walk for my dog and because I know that I need it.
Which brings me to the invitation. Would anyone like to meet me at the Badger Mountain trail head and climb it Sat morning? Weather permitting I will probably go around 10am...I can do cold but not super windy or rainy. It is a challenging but really neat walk and takes about an hour. Bring the kids & dogs, they would love it and I promise to keep my viscous kinid on a short leash. She loves to go up...I think she channels her inner mountain dog. The trail head is up in the West cliff housing development...on the hill behind Bethel church. There is a nice park and bathrooms etc. The trail is very nicely cut and maintained and the view is awe inspiring.
Have a fabulous Monday!
Prayer for the President of the United States
5 years ago
5 comments:
Ok, I'll play.
1. Which fruit of the Spirit do you find the most difficult to achieve Self control...me too
2. Share a scripture which is important to you because it got you through something, helped make a decision, etc. Phil 1:6 'being confident of this very thing that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus' So many times when I find myself in the middle of a mess I remember that God began this work (unless it is just my mess that I got myself into) and He will see me through.
3. Have you ever wished for a different name? If so, what? No
4. What household chore do you like the least? Matching socks, I hate this.
5. Which of your personality traits showed up in one of your kids and occasionally makes you crazy? Talking too much and the need to be heard.
6. If you could meet one "bad girl" of the Bible who would it be and why? Martha, I get so caught up in things that really don't matter.
7. What is your favorite form of exercise? Walking, it is exercise yet it doesn't hurt as much as aerobics, pilates, or yoga.
How did you hike up Badger Mountain go? I wish I could have gone with you. Brooke and I really enjoyed our hikes up the mountain together, and it would have been fun to go with you too!
I would of liked a different name. My mom got my name from a Beach Boys song called " Wendi" I have never listed to it.
I'm not sure what name I would of chosen. But my sister's got cool names like Jennevi and Angel. I'm not sure what name I would like.
I remember watching a soap opera when I was younger, and I like the name Sierra.
hey leslie,
i think that the girls and i will go with you on the hike but i think that hunter will be crazy so we will probably leave him at home????
one of my most important scriptures?
Job 19:25-27
"And as for me I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth even after my skin is destroyed yet from my flesh I shall see God;
Whom I myself shall behold and whom my eyes shall see and not another. My heart faints within me."
God gave me a vision of the work still to be done even though I was longing for Him and His promised Eternity, then He gave me that verse that reassured me that Eternity is not far away....
It knocked my socks off!
Ok, this is almost a month too late, But I have always wanted to go on a hike like that. I am sure my older girls and Zoey would love it too. So,,, if you want to go another time, please let us know, ok?
I can't believe self control is what you find most difficult. You always seem to me to be very self controlled. That is actually my weak point too, not that it's the only one!
Post a Comment