Hi everyone, it is a sunny Saturday and I am sick in bed. Like Jill, my husband shared his summer cold and I am feeling really crummy. All I can think about in my usual type A personality is my busy schedule next week....who cares! So anyway, I wanted to tell you about my pet snake. When we moved from our previous house in a much more rural neighborhood I never dreamed we would be moving to the snake capital of the world (as you get to know me you'll discover my propensity to exaggerate A LOT). But honestly we have seen several snakes in and around our yard every summer. I am really grossed out by any snake and can't even look at pictures of them...but apparently seeing them all the time breeds familiarity. The other night we came home late from family reunion in Moses Lake and a bull snake was stretched almost clear across our driveway. I slammed on the brakes, waking everyone else in the car up, and just stared at it. Then I drove around it and calmly parked the car. Very mature of me I thought. We are pretty sure it's the same guy (telling the sex of a snake is beyond me and too horrible to imagine) who traipsed across our driveway, through our fence, through the grass, through the other fence and into the garden on the canal like he owned the place. We have since seen him again in the driveway so we decided he is our pet and named him Gopher in hopes that he will eat some. I have struck up a deal with him...he can hang out in our driveway as long as 1. he doesn't park himself between me & my car and 2. I never see a bunny sized bump in his belly. He is welcome to enjoy a buffet of mice, gophers & rattlesnakes (yes we have those too, in fact my neighbor is pretty sure she has a nest of baby rattlers under her back deck-yuk!) but my wonderful, beloved cottontail bunnies are off limits! That is the story of my pet snake. I will post some other time about the coyotes that we see all the time and I am convinced are just biding their time until they can eat my dog. I really need more to do!
Thanks for listening! I am not a very good sick person so my family is avoiding me and I'm lonely.
Hugs to you all!
Leslie
Prayer for the President of the United States
5 years ago
2 comments:
Sorry you are feeling under the weather. No fun!
Snakes? What shoes do you wear to go with snakes?
I really hate snakes, a few years ago we had one come under the door and slither down into the basement. I was scared to death. I wouldnt even go down stairs until someone got it out.
I think it was just one of those garder/garden snakes? something like that. It was little but I still did not like it. Your brave! I hope you feel better soon.
Post a Comment