Do you ever "pre-blog" in your mind? I had a Weds morning blog all planned called "The Word & The World" because Tuesday AM was going to be spent at a Bible Study Fellowship Leader's Workshop and my PM was going to be spent at the fair. I knew that the workshop would include training and time in the Word (we are studying the life of Moses this year!!!) and I assumed that my time at the fair would be all about the world and I was kind-of dreading it. My kiddos wanted to enter some projects this year so we filled out the forms and then they procrastinated on actually putting their projects together. Daddy saved the day at the last minute (Sat.) and I took them Sun afternoon to turn them in. So....we had to go and see if they won a ribbon right? We had plans with our neighbor to go and practice our Spanish by naming all the farm animals etc. I was pleasantly surprised with the weather, the lack of crowds & clean fair grounds (note to self: Tues afternoon is an excellent time to go to the fair),we ran into a ton of home school families, had lots of hugs and fun, enjoyed our day with our neighbor very much AND both kids won blue ribbons (you'll have to ask them about their projects). So, I've learned to not pre-judge and pre-blog and to expect God to surprise me with joy!!! Not bad for only Weds.
So, I read Kim's blog and now I need to go plan some gourmet meals because I feel horribly inferior...I didn't see hot dogs or mac-n-cheese anywhere on her list.
Love ya girl friends!!!
Prayer for the President of the United States
5 years ago
3 comments:
Oh, believe me, friend. If I could get my hands easy on mac and cheese and hot dogs, they'd be on the list each and every week!!!
And isn't it fun when God surprises you? I love it and can just imagine His smile when I realize that He "got" me.
Hey Leslie, I am so glad you are a blogger now! I loved the storey about the snake. Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I don't post menus because between, Kim, Jamie and Jill's Monday Menu's mine would look like child abuse! =)
Glad to hear that your family is on the mend with the 'yuck'.
Ya'know just when I think I have God figured out on what He is doing...I don't.
Post a Comment