Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hello everyone! Tomorrow is the first day of the Oleson school year. I have a 9th grader & a 5th - 6th grader. I love back to school and have been in my school room arranging books, sharpening pencils and watching the clock tick~for weeks. I am ready for tomorrow. My kids however are not nearly as excited. I wish you could've seen the look on Kayla's face when I told her there will be no internet until school is completed for the day....priceless. I bet that shows up on her blog. I love homeschooling and getting to make choices in curriculum [thank you so much to the many friends who so patiently listen to me talk out my decisions and lovingly advise me] and partner with my children in their education. Each year gets more and more fun.

Tomorrow morning I am going to put on my denim jumper (Ha, Ha), pray hard, make a special breakfast, and hit the classroom. It's time for another adventure in schooling to begin.:0)

3 comments:

Jill said...

I hope you wear the jumper with the alphabet embroidered on it just for the first day of school ;o)

We are not starting until next week after Labor Day. We will do some organizing of folders and going over schedule stuff this week but no real work until next week. Fun times!

Carol said...

Have a great first day of school!

Lori said...

Leslie,
you are so cute!
I am also excited to start school next week and the girls....not so much.
today I have all my curriculum laid out on the floor of the office and it looks so impressive...however, i still need to order some things so i'd better " limit my blogging" as Jill suggested and get to it.
see ya Wednesday, girlfriend.

Lori
;0)