I received an email from a friend challenging moms (esp. stay at home moms) to have a voice in our country. Specifically, a voice where it counts...with God. We are challenged to fast & pray for 21 days (beginning Oct 15th) up to election day. My interest was piqued and I began to ask God what I would fast from...anyone who knows me well knows it won't be food! Some dear and honest friends told me it shouldn't be coffee lest others would suffer. I believe it is to be sugar.
More importantly than the fast will be the committment to pray. Something I said last night @ coffee is ringing in my ears (coming back to haunt me you might say). I said, "for me, prayer is like exercise, I do it because I know I am supposed to." Don't get me wrong, I pray. I talk to God a lot, I pray with others, I pray in groups, I pray with my kids, I pray.
But I do not pray.
I am not sure how to explain the difference but I crave time alone with God that makes a difference in my life. I want to stay on my knees until I am transformed, my mind matches God's and I am ready to take on the tasks He gives me. I am ready to not go about my day in my own strength. This is one of the toughest issues I face as a daughter of the King. Although I desire it so much I do not do it. I don't really know what the stumbling block is but I am willing to bet that as I ask Jesus to show me what it is He will reveal that it is sin.
That's where I am at today...and so grateful that God cares enough about me to want to have a real relationship with me that transforms and produces fruit. Please ask me how it is going and therefore hold me accountable.
Prayer for the President of the United States
5 years ago
2 comments:
I am right there with you sister!
Thanks for the info on the sleeping giant, I am praying about my fast. I think mine will be some sort of time commitment...like homescholing the kids...j/k
Thanks again for sharing. You are always so real and transparent into your struggles. I too would like my prayer life and relationship with Jesus to be more intimate... I'll check on ya sometime :)
Post a Comment