Monday, October 6, 2008

Good Intentions & bonding @ Barlow Girl

Good Monday! First, my good intentions: I was studying Moses again last week and the confusing verses 4:24-26 where the LORD met Moses and was about to kill him because he had neglected to circumcise his son and his wife Zipporah did it for him. My mind, with the help of the Holy Spirit, made a leap to all of my good intentions and how they don't amount to a hill of beans for God if I never act upon them. As I walk Amber I have been walking by two houses that have new families in them. Each time I go by them I think, I should take some cookies and welcome them to the neighborhood....simple enough but never got done. So, Saturday I got God off my back, did some baking, headed out into the wind and met these two new families. Was it God's idea & timing? Yes, because they were both home & I felt infinitely better after I had done it. Whatever the result, the obedience on my part (finally) is what mattered. What is it I am always trying to teach my kids? Oh, yeah, first time obedience!

Second, the Barlow Girl Concert. Kayla & I saw them several years ago @ a Rebecca St. James concert and loved them. We now have all of their cds and looked so forward to seeing them in concert again. Despite paying $16 too much for our tickets because I went through TICKETMASTER at Fred Meyer (some lessons are learned the expensive way) and standing for 4 hours on top of an ice rink we had a fabulous time. They have stayed true to their message of purity, no dating, modesty and honoring God with your life. I am so happy to have these sisters as a role model for my girl...and God gave me the desire of my heart and let me run into their dad and tell him how proud of his girls I am and how much I appreciate their message. God gave Kayla the desire of her heart and she got her t-shirt signed and got to have her picture taken with the Alyssa, Becca, & Lauren. It was such a God glorifying evening and tons of fun. I was one of the cool moms in the mosh pit. We were 1 person away from the stage. Good memories with my girl!

Thank you Jesus for Christian artists who are faithful to you and to Your message. Thank you for using them, their example and their music to encourage & challenge us. Kayla bought a guitar pick necklace that says "don't conform, be transformed". One of the key verses for their tour is 1 Peter 2:9 You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light. God is AWESOME!

And yes, it is Monday again and I am disgustingly happy & cheerful! Hope you are too!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Happy Monday Leslie! Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Way to go being a cool mosh mom!

Wendi said...

Sounds like it was a fun concert, I haven't been to one in ages!

I'm glad you too enjoyed the concert, are your ears ringing?

I remember the my last concert was so loud I couldn't hear for awhile.

Tricia said...

Sounds like you are cheerful enough for me too! I wish Delaney liked the noise of concerts better so we could go some, but she still hasn't recovered from the last one. Weird, huh? Oh well, she likes her CD's where she can control the volume!

Thanks for the recipe too. I'll have to try it out...

Lori said...

yeahhhh.....
I am so glad that kayla still enjoys time with mom and that you both love the same music.
what a blessing that is.
thank you for sharing your thoughts for they always inspire me and cause personal reflection.
I am so blessed to have the Godly women in my life.

Love ya,

;0)