Tuesday, October 21, 2008

God and men

Who knew that playing the role of Satan in a drama could affect one's life for the good. I am seeing so many changes in my husband:

1. He has his clothes laid out for church the night before...I can tell he is looking forward to going
instead of figuring out how to get out of it.

2. He has rearranged his schedule & commitments to spend many hours @ church being part
of a ministry with very little complaints. I've been sitting around waiting for him at church
which I find kind of funny.

3. He keeps telling me and anyone who will listen about Mark Hall's (Casting Crowns) testimony
that he sees as he waits each night. I know that he relates to his struggles with being able to
focus and memorize etc. So cool that he is sharing, and that like Mark Hall he is doing some
thing that he HAS to give God the praise for because he knows it isn't him.

4. He has been specifically prayed over by a large group of people and been involved in many
group prayers and has seen God answer those specific prayers.

5. He is part of something that the Lord is blessing and getting to see lives changed.

(OK, now I'm boo hooing....if you only knew how long I've wanted this for him)

6. He was obedient to God's call and I know he will never be the same.

I could go on and on....

Girlfriends, now is when I need you. He has gotten really sick with a sinus infection & maybe bronchitis. SATAN YOU ARE A PUNK. I wonder if he is counting the cost of the late nights and time commitment. Please pray him through this. Satan likes nothing more than to defeat us after a spiritual high. I know we've all been there...but this may be the first true test of this kind for my honey. We'll all pray, I'll give lots of love and chicken soup and onion rings from Sonics, and let God be glorified!

The other man in my life (the little man) came home from Bible Study Fellowship Monday night in tears because he feels like God is talking to him & wants him to do something. That can be such an overwhelming thing. He went to his sister about it before I got home, which I find very sweet. We talked long into the night and I am excited for Tommy and to see what God reveals to him. I encouraged him to be like little Samuel and say, "Here I am God, speak to me." I look forward to seeing what God reveals to him through his study of the Word, interactions with other people and prayer...all those ways we hear Him.

Thanks for listening. I am a weepy, overwhelmed, honored, privileged daughter of Christ and trying to live life with an attitude of gratitude.

I am so grateful for my blogging buddies. And I am praying for you also as many of your families are involved in JH, many of you even sleep with the enemy like me.

6 comments:

Jill said...

I will keep this in my prayers. Now is when a new strategy from the enemy begins. I will be praying for you, Tom and the kiddos.

Tricia said...

I have prayed for your two Tom's and there is still two more days for the big Tom to get feeling better! I am confident that "He who began this good work in Tom is able to complete it". Praise God!

Carol said...

Wow that is truly awesome to hear. God is faithful and it is cause for all of us to celebrate with you sister! =)

Jill is right in that satan will re-align his forces to attack in a whole new way because he despises anything that brings glory to The True King... Prayer Warriors Unite!

Wendi said...

I am so excited to hear of Tom's excitement with the church and the Judgement house. That is a answer to prayer. I hope he is feeling better soon and recovers fast.
Looks like great things are happening for your family. We will continue to pray for your husband and your son.

Ginger said...

I'm glad to hear of Tom's involvement in JH. How is he doing now that it is over? Still involved? I hope so, and I will be praying for all of you.

Lori said...

Why is it that we are surprised when God moves in a mighty way in our lives????
We are so funny and so forgetful.
It is AWESOME to see the changes in your man as he allows God to use him.
You and yours are loved and are in my prayers continually, my friend.
I can't wait to see what is in store for your family.

;0)