Hi all! Due to all of your fabulous blogs about your menu plans & with the help of a great link from Kim (allrecipes.com) I have just successfully completed 2 weeks of great meals. I sat down & planned, shopped carefully & thoughtfully & am very pleased with the results. So, here is my new plan for the next 2 weeks.
Sun 9/14 slow cooker pineapple pork roast, buttered noodles, steamed veggies
Mon 9/15 pork roast hoagies, oven baked potatoes
Tues 9/16 chicken-n-dumplings w/biscuits
Weds 9/17 dinner @ church
Thurs 9/18 baked beef stew, applesauce, rolls
Fri 9/19 left overs or pizza
Sat 9/20 Blizzard Bean soup & corn bread
Sun 9/21 beef & bean burritos, corn, fruit
Mon 9/22 left overs
Tues 9/23 Cheezy baked ravioli, green beans, salad, rolls
Weds 9/24 dinner @ church
Thurs 9/25 Chicken fettuccine Alfredo, steamed veggies
Fri 9/26 left overs or pizza
Sat 9/27 Teryaki chicken, cous cous, corn
Sun 9/28 grilled hamburgers, potatoes, fruit
New sweet things to try: 1) twice baked sweet potatoes
2) peanut butter Brownies
Happy cooking for your families also. Remember that love & sanctuary are in the details but no one in my family will feel very loved if I am being a freak and trying to make these complicated gourmet meals. I tried to make things that a) my family will enjoy b) won't make me crazy. I tried to set aside pride & perfection...funny how that creeps in even in cooking dinner...and show you what a couple of weeks of really good meals looks like in my kitchen. I am not a great cook but can follow a recipe decently.
Love ya,
Leslie
Prayer for the President of the United States
5 years ago
4 comments:
Yummy! You will have to post some recipes for us all to try at our homes too!
Sign me up for the brownies! =)
good job Leslie!
I will checkl out that site.
I love to cook and my family loves my food.
Isn;t it funny how our families can go into the kitchen, look in the cupboards and announce,"there is NOTHING to eat!" and 45 minutes later I present them with a fabulous meal!!!
that amazes them.
;0)
Thanks Leslie! See...you do have something to blog about! Pray for me. I am the lover of schedules and menus and can't seem to find the time to plan, shop, or cook! I know God is trying to teach me something. I hope I can learn quickly!
Post a Comment