A few weeks ago I had brunch with these lovely ladies. One is my mother in law and the other 4 are ladies I clean house for and they have all been friends for a long time. God has brought us together through circumstances only He could create and He has blessed our friendship. I am constantly amazed at how much He loves me and brings people into my life. Who knew that I could find so much love, purpose, & joy scrubbing toilets for other people? Last winter the Lord placed it on my heart to have a ladies luncheon in honor of Jane who was turning 89. I was hesitant to follow through because I didn't want anyone to feel like it was inappropriate since I work for them etc. God kept on me so I invited everyone. They were all thrilled and I made it a very fancy affair. I had so much fun doing it that it felt funny to receive compliments and thank yous. The lunch was such a big hit they decided we needed to do it more often eveb though I assured them my intention was not for them to feel like they have to socialize with me. We've met 4 times now at someones house or a restaurant. My mom has even joined us when she could.
I have a group of ladies who love me & are an amazing support system. They are tons of fun and we have to be careful when I am working to not talk too much or I wont get anything done! They are wonderful to my kids also. Two of them even came to our Vacation Bible School family night to support me...I cannot tell you how moved I was.
So now you know...I hang out with girlfriends who are in their 60's, 70's and almost 90's! Our next big adventure is to go to High Tea at a local Tea Shop in Oct. We are all shopping for fancy hats to wear!
One of these ladies gave me the greatest compliment I've ever received when she told me, "I see the love of the Lord in you." Oh thank you Jesus for showing up and shining through even me.
4 comments:
I have enjoyed very much the friends that I have made over the years that do not fall into my peer group (love the peer group girls, too). They have have added so much to my life.
How FUN! What neat friendships, I am sure you guys have a great time when you get together and learn much from eachother as well. =)
How fun Leslie! What a blessing that you would have missed out on had you not been obedient.
That is so sweet to me.
Leslie, you are such a blessing to me and I KNOW that you are a blessing to those lovely ladies.
Sweet sweet sweet.....
;0)
Post a Comment