This week Tommy turns 11 and Kayla turns 14. I feel like singing "Sunrise, Sunset" from Fiddler on the Roof. I have always most desired for my kids to be like trees planted by streams of water, which yield their fruit in season and whose leaves do not wither. Whatever they do prospers. (Psalm 1:3) and "growing strong, filled with wisdom, and the grace of God on them...in favor with God and men" (Luke 2:40). So, why is it so bittersweet? I was a much better Grade school teacher than Jr. High & High school...buying presents & giving parties were a lot easier several years ago...we were way less busy...they played TOGETHER for hours...etc. Sweet times. These are blessed years also. One thing I appreciate about parenting is that it doesn't get easier just different and God is right with me the whole way. I know that my heavenly Father's job parenting me doesn't get easier just different as I grow in wisdom & character.
So, things to be thankful for:
2 children who love the Lord and are getting to know Him very personally through His Word.
Grateful and loving children who still give snuggles and kisses and "love you" every night...our kids tuck US in :P
Their wonderful friends who BTW are being raised by really great parents (yes, you)
The laughter and fun we have together as a family & the fact that we all love games.
Having a daughter to share "blond moments" with...
Playing "whose the piggy?" at dinner and having to tell the kids every night "don't do what Daddy does...it's not safe" ;)
The privilege of watching these two grow up...JOY OF MY LIFE.
I am full of such gratitude to God for allowing an unworthy wretch like me to come to know Him and persevering to bring me around to obedience so that my kiddos will know THE WAY, THE TRUTH, THE LIFE.
Happy Birthday Babies! Love, Mom
Prayer for the President of the United States
5 years ago
2 comments:
Hey Happy Birthday Kayla and Tommy!!
Hey Leslie, weird about the spider, I never heard of a turquoise one!!! Ill have to look that up.
Here is your letter "H"
wendi
Ohhhh...
I'm verklempt.
(hehehe).
I so know what you're feeling, my friend, and yes it is bittersweet.
But, you're right, it isn't that it gets harder to parent teenagers, it's just so very different.
It's so good to have those in our lives that can encourage and pray for us as we go along the way. isn't it?
Love you.
;0)
Post a Comment