Sunday, January 18, 2009

Do I have to like my theme?

Do you have a theme for the year? I've been asked that several times. I had no problem identifying last year's theme: "who I am and who God is". Its always easier to look back and see a pattern. But now I am being asked to look forward to what God is going to teach me. That is a bit harder. I just finished commenting to Kim that God hadn't really revealed a theme to me yet which is a big fat lie. He has revealed 2! Both come directly out of this year's study of the life of Moses (Exodus - Deuteronomy) One I am excited about and can get behind: "God, show me Your glory!" Remember I was going to be audacious and bold like Moses. God is doing His part....or was all along and now I am just paying attention!?! The second one comes out of Leviticus. I have lost count of the number of times God says to "be HOLY because I am HOLY". I would really like to think that this is one of those instances where He is only talking to the Israelites, but I don't think I can be that self-deceptive and get away with it. I'm not liking that one as much....that is going to take a lot of hard work. (yes, that is me whining you hear....really unpleasant isn't it...) Here's a show stopper question from my Bible Study Fellowship lesson I was working on this morning: Is there an area of your life that has not been consecrated to the Lord? If so, what will you do about it? When I finally get "real" enough with myself to write an honest answer to that one I will post again. :0)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, Leslie. God is so good and does not want us to be comfortable does He?

Lori said...

do you know what I love most about serving the Lord????
it is witnessing what God does in the lives of those that I love and fell blessed to call my friends.
it is so radical to me that this group of women are not only seeking God everyday but are encouraging those around them to do the same.
God rocks!
and so do you.....